Basic Slot Strategy
1. Seek out the highest payout possible. This may seem obvious, but many slot players disregard this dictum. There can be a difference of 10% or more in the payback percentage offered by the same slot machine located in a casino in Detroit versus a casino in North Las Vegas. The player has a far better chance where general payback percentages are greater;
2. Seek out the higher pay slot machines. Slots managers generally place higher paying machines in high traffic/high visibility areas. This is so that people will notice the machine paying off and be inclined to try their own luck. Be careful, however. Slot managers may place loose machines in a high visibility area like an elevated carousel where everyone can see winning pulls. Players will assume that all the slot machines on a carousel are loose. Slot managers are generally several steps ahead of players, it is their business, after all. They will mix their tight slots in the same carousel as their loose slots;
3. Join the player’s club and always use your player’s card. Use of a slot players card has no effect on the outcome of the pull. It can, however, help you get some of your money back. Many casinos offer a “cashback” program that gives the player back a percentage of their total play. Additionally, all casinos offer comps. Take advantage of these offers, join the player’s club and always use your card.
4. Play maximum coins at all times: Payback percentages are calculated to include the jackpot amounts. Jackpots, generally, are only paid on maximum coin pulls. If you play at less than maximum coin, your payback will be less than maximum;
5. Seek out single payline slot machines. These machines are less expensive to play. Your money will last longer, and your chances of winning a big jackpot, will be greater on a single payline machine;
6. Play only two coin or three coin slot machines. Once again, your money will last longer on a two coin max coin machine than on a three coin max coin machine. You will be able to play longer and be in the running for a jackpot longer;
7. Have a Money Management and Playing Strategy set up BEFORE you even get into the casino. Going into a casino without a money management or playing strategy is like trying to build a house without a set of plans. It is a prescription for disaster;
8. Stay away from progressive slots. Payouts on progressives are much lower than on regular slot machines. For the casual slot player, they are a bad bet;
9. Use the Play Through Betting Method. As part of your plan, only bet with the amount you planned to bet that session. If your session plan is to bet $200, then play the $200 through the slot machines, and no more. Pocket whatever wins you have generated off the original bet and end the session. Do not play off the credit meter.